Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tonight I dream in pink.


Last week, while in a pre-Valentine reverie, I pontificated on Love; not just about loving another inhabitant of Planet Earth, but also about loving (and pampering, and taking care of, and spoiling, and patting on the back, and being proud of, and doing something crazy for) yourself. It may come as a surprise to some of you out there, but I've actually only recently learned to take good care of myself. Perhaps it took many years of living to "get it", or maybe I had to have my heart broken a few times to finally understand, or, it could be that I just got tired of waiting for someone else to do the things that I wanted/hoped/wished/expected to be done for me, but one day I just woke up and simply decided that there is no shame in being an independent woman who loves herself with an open heart (quirks, flaws, cowlicks, and all) and just got busy doing those special things for myself.

With tomorrow being the oft-dreaded Valentine's Day, don't feel like you have to fit into any sort of pre-fabricated Hallmark Card/1-888-GetFlowersOrElse!/Lifetime Movie of the Week mold. Instead, consider doing something crazy and special just for you; get a massage, drink a chocolate martini, buy yourself a pair of wildly sexy jeans, jump out of of an airplane (wearing a parachute, please). For it's only when you own your life, that bonafide happiness suddenly tippy toes up behind you, as silent as a Ninja, with two dozen long stemmed roses a bottle of 10 Cane Rum, some fresh mint, and a new muddler for making late-winter mojito's , a box of Godiva Chocolates a first class ticket to Tanzania for the annual migration, a diamond tennis bracelet a 1970 Pink Dodge Challenger RT.

Tonight, I dream in pink. Sweet, sweet, muscle car pink.

Happy (early) Valentine's Day!

Love,
Suzanne


CHOCOLATE MARTINI
Ice
2 ounces chocolate liqueur (like Godiva or Creme de Cocoa)
1 1/2 ounces vodka
1/2 ounce grated chocolate

Fill cocktail shaker with ice, then add chocolate liqueur and vodka. Cover, shake briskly, then strain into a martini glass. Garnish top of cocktail with a bit of grated chocolate, sit back and enjoy.

Makes 1 Serving.

No comments: