Friday, July 18, 2008

A Midsummer Break


I've been so caught up with work and other nonsense, that I've not slowed down enough lately to fully appreciate my summer. But that's all going to change, starting tomorrow at 7:26 a.m. You see, at 7:23 a.m. tomorrow I have my Old Fashioned Summer Fun TV spot, and approximately three minutes later--at 7:26 a.m--I am going to kick off my shoes, drop the top on my Jeep, pop some Bob Marley into the CD player, and begin to enjoy the remainder of my summer. My good friend, Ronni, is throwing a little outdoor soirée on her patio tomorrow evening, and her timing couldn't be more ideal; it's warm and sultry here in New York, and a ripe, full moon has been lighting up the night sky all week long. For me, a midsummer's night party is just what the doctor ordered, and I welcome a relaxed evening where I can eat, and drink, and socialize with old friends.

As for the remaining 43 days until September, I'm planning on making up for lost time by taking a break from work and life for the next few weeks. I don't have a grand plan, or a detailed agenda, but I do know that before the summer is over I am going to...

Walk on the beach Catch fireflies Spend time on the water Eat a really good hotdog Jump in a lake Go for a hike in the woods Ride my bike on a country road Nap in a hammock Watch the Perseid Meteor shower Sit by a campfire Eat a lobster roll Lay in a tire tube for an afternoon Enjoy a root beer float Play miniature golf Visit the Spiegeltent Drink sangria Write Dig into a clam pizza in New Haven Ride a roller coaster Watch a sunset Dance Check out Eliasson's waterfall under the Brooklyn Bridge Make beer can chicken Swing on a trapeze See Wall-E Laugh more

So, if you don't hear from me for a few weeks, you'll know where I'll be. Enjoy every ephemeral second of your summer. I'll be back soon.

Love,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your inspiration. After reading your blog entry I realized I am not enjoying my summer as much as I would like to. Now I am going to try and have fun and enjoy the remainder of the best season ever!

SUZANNE BROWN said...

It IS the best season ever, isn't it?