Thursday, July 31, 2008

SUMMER INSPIRED: Planters Punch


PLANTER'S PUNCH
Years ago I was on vacation in Virgin Gorda, BVI. Weary from a day of diving, I was simply unable to make a decision on a pre-dinner cocktail. A talented bartender – whose name I now wish I could recall – came to the rescue with a wonderful tropical drink filled with fresh fruit juices and just the right touch of Caribbean rum. I’ve been a fan ever since.

(PRINT RECIPE)
2 ounces dark rum
2 ounces orange juice
2 ounces pineapple juice
1/2 ounce lime juice
Dash of grenadine
Maraschino cherry / slice of citrus fruit for garnish

Combine all the juices and the rum in a shaker with ice. Shake well, and strain into an ice-filled glass. Top with grenadine, and garnish with a maraschino cherry and a slice of citrus fruit.

Makes 1 serving

No comments: