Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Here I Am.

My dog did not use my keyboard as a chew toy (sidenote: I don't even own a dog, but if I did, it would be most certainly a fugly, slobbering bulldog named Mugsy), nor have I fallen ill with the porcine flu that has been oinking it's way across the tri-state area. I'm not trapped under a massive piece of furniture, the result of a spring cleaning effort gone horribly, horribly wrong. For you sci-fiers in the audience, rest assured that I've not been adbucted by aliens, possessed by a demon, lost my brain to flesh eating zombies, or had every last drop of my Type A blood drained by some red-eyed feral creature of the night.

Yes, I'm still here, in my tiny red cottage by the river, alive and well, and finally--after the longest and most miserable winter and spring imaginable (by New York standards, at least)--coming out of hibernation. The windows are wide open. The down comforter just came off of the bed. It's safe to wear shorts without risking hypothermia. My shoulders are not up to my ears when I walk outside. And best of all, the produce at the farm is starting to inspire me.

With summer comes more energy + creativity. I feel the stagnation of winter sloughing away. Time to start cooking again. And writing.

It's good to be back.

Love,
Suzanne

Personal Note: Satisfied, Scooter Boy + ewiz2?!


SPRING FAVA BEAN DIP (Print Recipe Card)
2 cups fava beans, cooked, cooled with shells removed (you can use frozen fava beans if you prefer)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove crushed garlic
Salt + Pepper to taste
Shaved Pecorino Romano (optional)
Pita Bread cut into wedges (toasted if you prefer)

Place fava beans, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with shaved pecorino romano if you desire. Serve with pita bread wedges.

Makes 2 servings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...sigh...I guess. I was hoping you had an adventure story about riding cross country in a motorcycle sidecar, wind whipping through your redish-orange hued hair, purple eyes gleaming behind your goggles. You could wow me with stories of bar fights in the back country, getting lost on foot in the Mojave, battling and eating a rattler. I guess being swamped is a good substitute.

Anonymous said...

really? really.